A quick stop away from Geneva and reminiscent of the beautiful Swiss lakes.
Things to do
- Jardins de l'Europe - A lovely park alongside the lake that's lovely to sit beside and enjoy the view.
- Vieille Ville Annecy - The older area of Annecy, laced with canals.
- L'Étage - Classic, traditional French restaurant for solid food.
The home of the best food in France, most definitely.
What an underrated city! Full of delicious food, beautiful viewpoints, lovely esplanades up and down the rivers.
Things to do
- Parc de la Tête d'Or - Pretty lake, beautiful space. The park has a botanical garden and even a free zoo with a red panda, zebras, and a few other unique creatures.
- Intercontinental Lyon, Hotel Dieu - Super fun courtyard space, lots of shops for wandering around. It's a lovely space for sitting and enjoying.
- Musée des Confluences - Museum down by the confluence of the Rhône and the Saône, has some lovely temporary exhibitions.
- Marché Saint Antoine - Daily market with amazing fresh food, the best farmer's market with lovely, affordable produce.
- Antoinette Pain & Brioche - The best brioche buns I've ever had! Exceptional when warm.
- Aux Merveilleux de Fred - Truly some of the best meringue-based desserts I've had. Apparently there are outposts in a few cities, but quite delicious.
- Restaurant Albert - Surprising star, ambiance is okay but the food is very well executed.
- Café Comptoir Abel - Solid and fully traditional Lyonnaise food.
The place where the first cable car was built, leading up to a beautiful clifftop.
- Téléphérique Grenoble - Bastille - The base of the cable car up to the most spectacular view of Grenoble.
- Pâtisserie Paris Délices - A patisserie with really lovely desserts to stop by on the way.