New York I'll always love you
New York City will always have a special place in my heart, and Brooklyn has been one of my favorite homes.
Neighborhood loves for eating and drinking
Having lived in New York City for almost 10 years, I have a lot of favorite spots. But since I spent most of my time living in Downtown Brooklyn, I thought I'd start with my favorite neighborhood spots.
- Fort Greene Greenmarket - The best farmer's market in the area, I get the bread from She Wolf quite often, duck from the Hudson Valley Duck Farm, and apples from Wilklow Orchards. The Snapdragon and Ruby Frost are my favorites there.
- DeKalb Market - A hodgepodge of anything you'd want to try, including Ample Hills ice cream and Katz's. I used to get pho from Bunker Vietnamese there. I also enjoy Cafe D'Avignon for bread and pastries.
- Bedouin Tent - Great Middle Eastern fare, really inexpensive and crazy good.
- Yaso Tangbao - For soup dumplings nearby, this is great.
- Xi'an Famous Foods - If you're into spicy chinese hand cut noodles, these are solid. There are lots of locations around the city.
- Grand Army - Delicious seafood, also great for drinks, in past days has had dollar oysters.
- French Louie - Great brunch, especially the grilled trout po'boy and the creme brulee french toast.
- Rucola - Really nice Italian spot, good enough for a special family meal.
- Hibino - Some of my favorite Japanese, they have delicious sushi and sashimi, as well as an excellent sake.
- Table 87 - Good pizza, take it and hang out at the park!
- Juliana's - Split off from Grimaldi's, arguably better. There's a location on the roof at the Time Out Market that you don't have to wait for.
- La Vara - Upscale tapas restaurant, delicious, for a special occasion.
- Frankies 457 Spuntino - Also delicious Italian food, especially the cavatelli.
- Colonia Verde - Delicious upscale Latin American food, been for a date night dinner and it was great!
- Bien Cuit - Nice pastries, pastry chef was nominated for a James Beard so yum.
- Butler - Super fancy avo toast and egg sandwich, but actually delicious.
- Court Street Bagels - Solid bagel sandwich.
- Court Street Grocers - Great for all kinds of breakfast sandwiches and soda.
- Brooklyn Farmacy & Soda Fountain - Seriously amazing and deathly ice cream sundaes.
- Coffee Project - They pull a good shot, and their oat chai latte is actually my favorite thus far
- Stumptown - This is a gorgeous space to work in, and also Stumptown is obviously solid
- Blue Bottle - They're everywhere now!
- Devocion - A good pourover, less impressed with the latte. The space is a plant paradise though
- Elsa - Used to be on the LES, moved to Brooklyn, great cocktails!
- June - Nice wine bar, cute back courtyard, can also do yummy dinner here
- Clover Club - Cozy place for cocktails, they're excellent
- Congress Bar - Has some nice mezcal drinks, overall also great!
- 61 Local - Really chill place to get a bite and have some beer, closed right now
- Circa Brewing - Opened by alums of Sixpoint Brewery, solid beers.